Community Engagement - C.A.R.E.
Diane instituted monthly C.A.R.E. meetings to identify and remediate housing, safety and livability issues.
C.A.R.E: Community And Resource Exchange
C.A.R.E. monthly committee meetings deal with problem properties, mortgage foreclosures and safety issues to promote timely and innovative solutions.
In attendance are neighborhoods, businesses, churches and non-profits, Minneapolis Regulatory Services, Problem Property Unit, the 2nd and 4th Police Precincts, the University of Minnesota Police Department, Minneapolis City Attorney, Hennepin County Probation Office, CPED, other Minneapolis departments and agencies to address critical issues in the ward.
- Meeting Times: every 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- 2009 Meeting Dates: November 18th & December 16th
- 2010 Meeting Dates: January 20th, February 24th, March 24th, April 21st , May 19th, June 16th, July 21st, August 18th, September 15th, October 20th, November 17th & December 15th
- Meeting Locations:
- Summer/Fall (July- December) Location: Eastside Neighborhood Services. 1700 2nd Street NE
- Winter/Spring (January- June) Location. Center for Families.3333 4th Street North
- Work with our neighborhood organizations to keep them vigorous, vital, and effective
- Convened 7 Third Ward Summits to engage our entire community and set priorities for action
- Instituted monthly C.A.R.E. meetings to identify and remediate housing, safety and livability issues
- Sends timely and ongoing email announcements and Third Ward newsletters
- Participates in and champions community and neighborhood organizations and activities
- Key member of the Alliance Steering Committee of the University District, a historic new partnership with the University of Minnesota, City, and surrounding neighborhoods, to improve livability and increase home-ownership.